The upgraded L38GR-GTX grinder features our new propane engine conversion kit with closed loop fuel management system, called Fuel Minder.
- The Fuel Minder, which is now standard on all of our propane grinders, is a high-performance, digital fuel control system featuring closed loop feedback, fuel lock-off capability, emissions safety warnings with shutdown, and an LCD screen for user interface. It is highly responsive to changes in the engine load, providing optimum air-to-fuel ratio regardless of operating conditions, and better fuel range. It uses closed-loop feedback from the O2 sensor to control the amount of fuel introduced to the engine via the Fuel Control Valve. This technology continuously monitors engine emissions and is capable of making fuel corrections to compensate for varying engine loads and conditions. If a faulty O2 sensor is detected, the Fuel-Minder will alert the user within 3-5 minutes from a cold-start. A message will be displayed on the LCD screen to let the user know that the O2 sensor needs to be replaced. The Fuel-Minder also controls the fuel lockoff and only allows fuel to pass through if it detects the engine is cranking. Once the Fuel-Minder is powered off from the equipment key switch, the Fuel-Minder closes the fuel lockoff and shuts the engine down immediately.
- TRULY VARIABLE SPEED – with the new kit, the machine can be run between 600 and 1080, and offers even better performance and tooling efficiency.
- The remote-control allows the operator to move vacuum, adjust vacuum cable, check floor, etc., while operating the grinder at a steady speed and rpms. No need to stand behind the machine and no pushing.
- Since it runs on propane, there is no need for expensive generators and no messing with heavy cords.
- Integrated weights and adjustable grinding pressure up to 790 lbs; machine weight – 1346 lbs.
- The double chain-driven planetary system provides more durable planetary rotation and reduced maintenance, resulting in higher efficiency and productivity.
- Updated main heads driving system with two timing belts allows for a more aggressive grinding.
- A service cover on the top side of the machine base provides a quick and easy access to the drive system and faster chain maintenance.