Consolideck® First Cut is a water-based blend of surfactants applied to the concrete surface prior to wet-grinding. First Cut reduces the amount of time spent with each metal and lower-grit, resinbound diamond tooling, shortening the overall project time line and extending the life of the diamonds. Using a special blend of surfactants, First Cut lifts concrete slurry solids away from the surface, suspends them, and clears the path for the diamonds. This keeps the slurry solids from interfering with the diamonds’ ability to remove the concrete surface, increasing efficiency and reducing clean up time between steps.
Lifts, suspends & clears concrete slurry solids.
First Cut lifts concrete slurry solids away from the surface, suspends them, and clears the path for the diamond tooling. This puts more of the diamonds in contact with the concrete surface, enabling a more efficient grinding process. First Cut reduces clean-up time, lengthens the life of diamonds, and shortens project timelines.
- Minimizes scratches created during lower-grit diamond tooling steps.
- Makes post-grinding clean-up easier.
- Lifts and suspends slurry solids away from diamond tooling, allowing for faster bulk removal of concrete surface during grinding, increasing efficiency.
- Reduces labor and tooling costs.
- Extends the life of diamonds and shortens the project time line.
- Works well on new or existing concrete.
- Compatible with floors to be treated with Consolideck® densifiers, dyes and protective treatments.
- SHELF LIFE: 2 years in tightly sealed, unopened container
- VOC CONTENT: <0.5%
- FORM: Clear, colorless liquid
- PH: 7.1
- COVERAGE RATE: 150-300 sq ft/gal. See Product Data Sheet for specific coverage rates.
- FREEZE POINT: 32° F (0° C)
- FLASH POINT: >212° F(>100° C) ASTM D-3278
- TOTAL SOLIDS: Non-applicable
- WT/GAL: 8.35 lbs
- AVAILABLE SIZES: 1-gal, 5-gal