Consolideck® LS/CS® provides an advanced alternative to conventional sodium or potassium silicate surface hardeners. This penetrating silicate treatment reacts with the concrete to produce insoluble calcium silicate hydrate within the concrete pores.
LS/CS® is appropriate for freshly troweled “green” concrete, or existing floors of any age and renders concrete floors dustproof. Unlike conventional hardeners which deposit high concentrations of sodium or potassium salts, Consolideck® LS/CS® will not trigger or contribute to surface ASR (Alkali Silicate Reaction).
- Easy, one step application. No scrubbing. No flushing. No caustic wastewater.
- Penetrates and reacts quickly to produce better initial and ultimate hardness.
- Renders floors of any age dustproof.
- Tested and conforms to California Collaborative for High Performance School Indoor Air Quality standards. Use can contribute to LEED® for school points (EQ credit 4)
- Improves performance, appearance and light re ectance of new or old concrete.
- Reduces application time and costs of burnishing and diamond polishing operations.
- Will not contribute to surface crazing. Combats surface ASR.
- Will not absorb water or contribute to floor sweating.
- Gloss and hardness do not reduce slip resistance.
- Breathable and UV stable. Will not yellow, discolor, peel or flake.
- Non-flammable. Non-toxic. Low odor.
- Cures quickly. Most floors can be opened to traffic within one hour of treatment.
- Treated surfaces are easy to maintain and require no waxing.