Consolideck® LS® is the premium hardener, densifier and sealer for concrete surfaces. This penetrating lithium silicate treatment reacts with the concrete to produce insoluble calcium silicate hydrate within the concrete pores.
Treated surfaces resist damage from water and surface abrasion. The increased surface hardness reduces dusting and simplifies maintenance, producing a cleaner, healthier environment.
Typical Coverage Rates
Variations in concrete quality, porosity, job site conditions, temperature and relative humidity will affect coverage rates and drying times. Calculate the target coverage rate by testing a representative section of the prepared surface using the published application instructions.
Estimated Coverage Rates
The following coverage rates are offered for estimating only. See below for instructions on calculating project-specific target coverage rates.
Freshly Placed, Uncured, Steel Troweled Concrete: 800–1000 sq.ft.(74–93 sq.m.) per US gal
Steel Troweled; Ground/Honed; and Polished Concrete: 500–800 sq.ft. (46–74 sq.m.) per US gal
Calculating Project-Specific Target Coverage Rate 1. Prepare the test section in accordance with
- “Preparation” information above. Surfaces must be clean, dry and absorbent. Surfaces should wet uniformly.
- Add 1-gallon of LS® to a clean, pump-up sprayer. Apply according to Application Instructions steps #1–3 for the appropriate floor type.
Repeat as necessary to determine correct rate of application.
- Measure the test area to establish the target coverage rate per gallon.
- May be applied to broom finished, steel troweled, power troweled or burnished concrete finishes.
- Penetrates and reacts quickly to produce better initial and ultimate hardness.
- Tested and conforms to California Collaborative for High Performance School Indoor Air Quality standards.
- Easy, one step application. No scrubbing. No flushing. No caustic wastewater.
- Provides better abrasion resistance than conventional hardeners.
- Produces a fast surface gloss which improves with traffic and maintenance.
- Improves performance, appearance and light reflectance of new or old concrete.
- Reduces application time and costs of diamond polishing operations.
- Will not contribute to surface crazing. High lithium content combats surface ASR.
- Lithium will not absorb water or contribute to floor sweating.
- Gloss and hardness do not reduce slip resistance.
- Breathable and UV stable. Will not yellow, discolor, peel or flake.
- VOC compliant. Non-flammable. Non-toxic. Low odor.
- Cures quickly. Most floors can be opened to traffic within one hour of treatment.
- Treated surfaces are easy to maintain and require no waxing.